Senior Server Software Engineer
Do you know what happens when a million people show up at your door? Are log files streaming through your consciousness when you’re sleeping? You may be just the person we’re looking for to join us on our first multiplayer title.
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As a Server Software Engineer you will impact the technology that powers our first title and create an amazing experience for our players.
About the role...
- Our game server is written in C# and our other servers are written in Golang.
- For user interfaces we utilize Blend+XAML in game and Bootrap/D3.js on tooling websites.
- Information is persisted in Relational Database Services (MySQL/AuroraDB) and temporarily in ElasticCache (Memcache/Redis).
- Our servers run on Linux in the cloud leveraging Docker and cloud hosting infrastructure.
- Experience in these technologies is great, an aptitude for picking up new technologies is even better.
- Developers are responsible for building and operating our servers, so making things reliable, scalable and maintainable is essential.
- Our team is highly collaborative, we design and review things together.
We're excited about you because you ...
- Have at least 5 years experience working as a software engineer with a focus on server side development, though you will likely have more.
- Are going to contribute to the design and implementation of features for our first game.
- Enjoy working on projects that make the entire development team more efficient.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and passionately self-start and self-direct projects.
- Love pitching in other areas.
- Are excited to passionately self-start and self-direct your projects.
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Are a small, tight-knit group of game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game. (Learn more about our team here!)
- Each engineer has areas of responsibility but we avoid technical silos -- we all support and pitch in across the codebase, and the whole is greater than the sum of our parts.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $190,137 - $333,000. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!