Server Software Engineer
Do you know what happens when a million people show up at your door? Are log files streaming through your consciousness when you’re sleeping? You may be just the person we’re looking for to join us on our first multiplayer title.
Bonfire is small so everyone contributes in a lot of areas. In addition to server development as part of our game, you could be working on anything from keeping our network infrastructure running, writing tools to deploy and monitor our servers, and occasionally showing us your taste in music as the office DJ.
We are a well funded startup founded by 20-year industry veterans. You’ll have equity in the company and a massive voice in our project and our direction.
- We assume at least 5 years experience working as a software engineer with a focus on server side development, though you will likely have more
- Our game server is written in C# and our other servers are written in Golang. Experience in these languages or an aptitude for picking up languages is essential
- Our servers run on Linux in the cloud. Familiarity with Linux, Docker and cloud services such as AWS are a bonus, being able to dive in to learn and diagnose new systems and APIs is a must
- You must be excited to passionately self-start and self-direct your projects. At Bonfire, no one is going to tell you what to do. It's about collaboration, not hierarchy
- Engineering handles IT at Bonfire, so if you have experience in this area, or an interest in learning, it's a huge bonus
We're not looking for one specific skill set to slot into a specific box. Bonfire is always on the lookout for smart people with varied experience and passions, who think nothing sounds better than stretching and trying lots of different jobs. If you are ready to get back to the real work of making games, while becoming a true owner in your own AAA studio, please reach out.