Bonfire is looking for an Audio Director to help guide our game project in all things audio and sound to create immersive and exciting player experiences. Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As an Audio Director on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our new IP and create amazing, memorable experiences for our players.
About the role…
- You will provide vision for and evolve existing vision for the overall audio development of the game including in-game sound design, dialogue/VO, cinematics, music, etc.
- Partner closely with audio team members and other vision holders across development to ensure high quality audio that elevates and serves the overall vision for the game.
- Provide direction for and collaborate on processes involving casting, VO, and music composition.
- Conceptualize and iterate on innovative audio features, concepts, and best practices to support exceptional audio design and implementation across the project.
- Outline efficient audio pipelines and infrastructures to support advanced audio implementation systems and toolsets.
- Work closely with project production to certify tasks, milestones, and deliverables are well defined and achievable as it pertains to audio.
- Work in partnership with project leadership to ensure cross-discipline collaboration of a shared vision toward all aspects of the game’s production, development, and creative direction.
- Model caring and effective people leadership. Coach, guide, and mentor the people on your team, with a focus on professional and personal growth and development, to bring out the best in them.
- Collaborate with publishing and other external partners to maintain the project’s audio vision across deliverables.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with relevant outsourcing teams. You'll wear many hats, have ample opportunity to utilize your prior experience creating amazing game sounds, and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Have proven leadership and mentoring experience working as a Lead or Director of Audio for game development, ideally overseeing audio development from pre-production to launch on at least one title.
- Have extensive knowledge of developing complex audio pipelines and integrations, such as narrative pipelines, audio build systems, audio features.
- Have extensive knowledge of audio production standards, tools, and best practices within the games industry.
- Ideally have live service/multiplayer game experience and understand the evolving needs of audio in this space.
- Have experience localizing audio for global audiences.
- Care deeply about developing the people you manage, elevating their achievements and helping them grow in ways that are meaningful to them.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You’ll love working at Bonfire because we…
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $236,133 - $290,000. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!