Senior Recruiter, Game Development + Studio
Bonfire is looking for a Senior Recruiter to help us build amazing teams. Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary game development studio where every team member’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As the studio recruiter on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to help build Bonfire’s dream team and shape best-in-class hiring experiences for both our candidates and our studio.
About the role...
- You will drive recruiting for a variety of creative, technical, and operational roles across our game development and studio focused teams.
- You will be engaged in the full cycle hiring process: kickoff and strategy planning, sourcing and attracting great candidates, screening and providing insight, to participating in interview design and panels, to making hires.
- You will be an ambassador for our studio, representing Bonfire externally and building relationships to help create great networks.
- You will provide meaningful insight, feedback, and guidance to our team in regards to interviewing and assessing candidates effectively while creating great candidate experiences.
- You will have the opportunity to drive and/or collaborate on many aspects of recruiting strategy - including talent planning, diversity hiring strategies, recruiting comms and web presences, networking events, yielding great referrals, and more.
- You will collaborate closely with hiring partners and teams to build alignment and clarity on job requirements, interview designs and processes, and evaluation/assessment criteria.
- You'll wear many hats, have ample opportunity to utilize your prior experience in recruiting, and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We're excited about you because you...
- Believe, as we do, that great games are a product of great teams and that building our dream team is the most important work we can do.
- Have significant experience with full cycle recruiting, from sourcing to closing.
- Make it a priority to learn as much as possible about studio culture, the team, their roles, and how they work to help you source relevant talent pools, execute insightful interviews, and provide meaningful context to candidates.
- Value building long term relationships with potential candidates.
- Ideally have experience recruiting for game development, tech, and/or creative roles and have an adaptable eye for talent.
- Have an approach to recruiting that is high touch as opposed to transactional - you revel in creating a great candidate experience and focus on candidate quality rather than quantity.
- Value building trust with the teams you are recruiting for.
- Are highly and proactively communicative. You consistently keep stakeholders up to speed on recruiting activity and are reliable when it comes to following up with candidates in a timely manner.
- Value and prioritize building diverse teams. You are familiar with relevant diversity hiring strategies and resources.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with team members of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.