Bonfire is looking for a Production Director to lead production across all disciplines on a multiplayer team-based competitive game. In this role you will build and evolve the foundation of our production strategy and values, as well as guide the team towards alignment and goals - developing and iterating the “how” we make games while helping the team do their best work.
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As the Production Director on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to add significant value and make an extraordinary impact on the development of our games.
In this role, you will…
- Develop and evolve overall production strategies for development of Bonfire’s game.
- Drive alignment with stakeholders across disciplines on major goals and decisions that impact our game and team.
- Collaborate closely with the development team, with a focus on positive team dynamics and helping teams and individuals do their best work.
- Guide the game development team from inception/production phases through live service. Drive the prioritization of goals, determining the order of what comes first, and where to narrow the scope.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the game to help the team iterate for quality, positive change, and impact.
- Integrate long term planning while allowing for autonomy, iteration/change, and flexibility.
- Adapt production strategies and processes for different groups based on differing needs.
- Help make the team as efficient as possible; unblock team members and remove or change inefficient processes.
- Evolve and improve internal communication strategies. Communicate often through various methods, keeping the team informed of what is happening in development and providing a sense of progress. Iterate for efficiency and clarity.
- Work closely with the team, listening and following what is happening in development to help come up with priorities and process improvements.
- Create and execute presentations as needed both internally and for external partners.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have significant experience in production leadership on a live multiplayer game/s, ideally from inception through live service.
- Are a designer and iterator of process, not an enforcer of process.
- Are comfortable at both the strategic level as well as being in the weeds day to day with the development team.
- Prioritize the teams you work with and value operating in an inclusive, collaborative leadership style as opposed to top-down command, unblocking and guiding teams towards alignment.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Are empathetic towards different disciplines' unique styles and can also influence towards trying new approaches.
- Are comfortable with adapting to needs of different groups and/or phases of development; understanding when structure will help with progress and when an organic approach is better.
- Are adept at leading meetings, setting agendas and action items, and following up as appropriate.
- Can see both the details and the big picture, and can pull together a high volume of information across development to make predictions and use insightful judgment.
- Have a background in developing strategies and development processes while taking into consideration dependencies, goals, and constraints.
- Communicate well across various channels: in writing, verbally, through presentations, etc.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You’ll love working at Bonfire because we…
- Are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunity to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.