Art Outsourcing Supervisor
Bonfire is looking for an Art Outsourcing Supervisor to help connect our team to the right external partners while building our art outsourcing infrastructure and practices. In this role you will work collaboratively with members of the art team to build a pipeline of high quality content that is both optimized and stylistically in sync with our game.
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As an Art Outsourcing Supervisor on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to help progress our new IP and create amazing experiences for our players.
In this role you will...
- Work closely with internal artists across disciplines to ensure outsourced assets meet requirements for the game.
- Clearly communicate direction and feedback to our outsourcing partners to ensure all creative and quality goals are met.
- When necessary, making any needed fixes to assets as they come in.
- Generate detailed documentation, references and examples of art asset creation as needed to support external vendors.
- Have ample opportunity to utilize your prior experience and learn and grow in areas you are excited to explore.
- Be responsible for checking the technical validity of art assets coming in from outsource vendors.
- Be the first line of feedback to vendors and course-correct in the appropriate direction.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Have experience delivering quality content from many different artistic disciplines.
- Experience collaborating with and selecting vendors, maintaining relationships and setting up contracts.
- Have the ability to travel internationally as needed to work with vendors directly.
- Are highly organized, self-motivated and a great team player.
- Have experience in 2D assets, 3D assets, Animation and VFX in a professional setting.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines, inside and outside of the company.
- Deeply value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You’ll love working at Bonfire because we…
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $148,600 - $236,133. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!