Senior VFX Artist
Bonfire is looking for a Senior VFX Artist to create dazzling effects that help create an immersive and impactful gameplay experience. Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As a Senior VFX Artist on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our new IP and create amazing experiences for our players.
About the role...
- You will create visually stunning, efficient VFX to help create an immersive and exciting experience for our players.
- You will collaborate closely with the VFX team, as well as design, engineering, and art; ensuring the effects are in service to gameplay and also helping to evolve pipeline, tech advancements, and visual quality bar for effects.
- Your VFX will be designed to help communicate gameplay to players while also contributing to feel and impact.
- You will participate in giving and receiving feedback across VFX, art, gameplay, and team collaboration, taking others’ feedback into consideration to improve your work as well as grow and develop.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We're excited about you because you...
- You have significant experience creating VFX for video games and understand how to develop VFX for both high quality visual appeal and gameplay needs.
- You have the ability to create optimized, efficient VFX to help things run smoothly.
- You have experience with real-time particle systems, and are familiar with node based shader creation.
- You have expertise with Photoshop and 3D packages such as Maya, Blender, 3DsMax, and/or Houdini.
- You potentially have other skills and experience to bring to the team, such as experience with Unity VFX Graph, Unity Shader Graph, Houdini/Embergen/other simulation software, and/or working on live content.
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems and help make improvements.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.