Events Program Manager
Bonfire is looking for an Events Program Manager to help us strengthen our studio culture through internal gatherings and build partner and player relationships through external-facing events. In this role, you’ll design and execute quarterly offsites for the distributed members of our entire studio to gather, strengthen relationships, and collaborate on game and studio initiatives. You’ll also collaborate with sub-teams on the design and execution of smaller gatherings, events, and workshops as needed. You’ll partner with our development and publishing teams to design and execute events for press, prospective players, and prospective Bonfire developers.
Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. We aspire to build warm, welcoming communities where legendary experiences can be shared, and that begins with our internal developer community of “campers”. As we prepare for the launch of our first game, that community extends to our partners and the public. As an Events Program Manager at Bonfire, you will have the opportunity to help shape those amazing experiences for our campers, partners, press, and players.
About the role...
- You will inspire us to strengthen our culture, camper relationships, and overall camper experience through the studio offsites you strategically design and execute.
- You will spark excitement and enthusiasm from partners, press, and players through the external facing events you strategically design and execute.
- You’ll oversee and manage the logistics and execution of a variety of programming including, but not limited to: presentations, developer working sessions, happy hours, dinners, educational excursions, curriculum sessions, game demos, recruiting events, press days, and participation in conferences and conventions.
- You will work with internal stakeholders, including game and studio leadership teams, to ensure the needs of each program are met.
- You’ll oversee the feedback process for each program and apply learnings to future gatherings.
- You'll wear many hats, have ample opportunity to utilize your prior experience cultivating inclusive and impactful team and game community experiences, and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the company outside your core focus.
We're excited about you because you...
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Strategically approach event design and architecting people experiences to serve the needs of the team while utilizing your detail-oriented organizational skills to execute that vision
- Can tap into your knowledge and experience with a variety of venues, activities, and formats that will inspire and positively influence Bonfire culture in ways we haven’t anticipated
- Embrace a hybrid work environment and are excited to innovate inclusive designs for virtual and in-person event participation
- Are a creative problem solver and independent thinker who is comfortable driving vendor partnerships
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $150,000 - $236,667. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!