Technical Artist - Rigging
As Technical Artist you'll be part of a lean, focused, and experienced team developing a new IP, and will be working with a cross-discipline team of artists, designers, and engineers to rig and skin our characters and explore what works for our game.
We are an excellence driven studio and are looking for people with a real passion for their craft. We hire and support lifelong learners; you will have the opportunity to research new techniques and advance our development processes.
Bonfire is a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment, so it’s essential to be an excellent collaborator while also being able to take the lead and work independently. If you’re ready to collaborate with us while becoming a true owner in your own AAA studio, please reach out.
About the role...
- Your main focus will be rigging and skinning characters in Maya using existing custom rig tooling.
- You will script rig building using an existing framework in Maya using Python, with the opportunity to take on more of the tooling as your skills grow.
- You will help guide and develop the overall asset pipeline from DCC to in-game.
- You’ll collaborate closely with art and game design to iterate on character design.
- You will be working with bleeding edge Unity tech, both as a user and to help guide future development.
You’re interested in this opportunity because you...
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Thrive on collaboration and are excited about jumping into a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Have a growth mindset and are enthusiastic about learning and developing your craft.
- Are passionate about creating great experiences for players, supporting the work of other developers through developing tools and problem solving, and collaborating across disciplines to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
We're excited about you because you...
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Collaborate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Have experience with Maya, and potentially Python, Qt, and/or Blender as well.
- May have Unity experience, but if not you are excited to learn.
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Are a small, tight-knit group of game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer the opportunity to have a high impact through both autonomy and high collaboration; the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.