Bonfire is looking for an Animator to bring characters to life and create impactful gameplay experiences through exciting combat and expressive motion. Bonfire Studios is a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment where every developer’s voice shapes the company, the game, and the tasks we work on each day. As an animator on a small, focused team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our new IP and create amazing experiences for our players.
About the role...
- You’ll collaborate with a lean team of skilled and passionate developers to help establish the animation style for our characters and world. You will create animations for a wide variety of unique characters.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in focused, cross disciplinary teams to jam on character development, creating combat that feels amazing, as well as other features and team goals.
- You’ll join playtests, learning what is best for the game through experiencing the game as a player and adjusting your animations for the best gameplay experience.
- You'll have the opportunity to utilize your prior experience and also be supported in experimenting with new areas of interest to you.
- Your ultimate impact on the studio will be unbounded; we lean on each other's passions and embrace one another's unique perspectives on game development to help us all grow as a team together. You will have many opportunities to contribute to areas of the game and the company outside your core focus.
We're excited about you because you...
- Have demonstrable key framing skills and can create high quality, in-game animations.
- Are excited by the competitive multiplayer combat space and understand the importance animation plays there.
- Have an understanding of combat systems and skills in crafting satisfying, impactful assets to drive those systems.
- Are excited to learn and grow; you proactively seek feedback and leverage learnings and insights to make improvements.
- Can work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively, taking animations from concept to polish.
- Are highly self motivated and good at understanding and focusing on the biggest needs for the game.
- Push for animation fidelity, but are always ready to put gameplay quality first.
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Thrive on collaboration and communicate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Are open, humble, eager, and excited about learning and contributing.
- Value building trust with the people you work with.
- Value working with a diverse team and welcome different perspectives.
- Have a growth mindset and also care about helping others develop.
- Are as passionate about the creative process and developing games as we are!
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.