3D Artist - Generalist
Bonfire Studios is looking for an experienced 3D generalist to create outstanding character and environment-related models and textures. You will work with tech art and engineering to plan and implement our art pipeline, and collaborate with creative and design to turn the studio's vision into reality.
- An exceptional understanding of character, form, and architectural structure
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail
- Excellence driven and extremely detail oriented
- Proven prototyping skills
- Deep understanding of next generation asset creation, pipelines, and tools
- Able to bring a character or environment to life from either very simple or very detailed source material
- Self-motivated and a great team-player
- Degree and/or 5-8 years relevant experience in any of the following: game development, feature films, commercials, TV
- Experience as a character and environment artist with a focus on organic forms as well as hard surface modeling.
- Experience in, but not limited to Maya, Max, CAD, Photoshop, ZBrush or Mudbox
- Have shipped multiple finished AAA products
- Skill in one or more related disciplines—concepting, animation, visual effects, or technical art
- Proven ability to mentor effectively
- High poly modeling
- Normal Mapping
- Converting to low-poly assets
- Particle Systems
- Max and/or Maya
- Unreal and/or Unity
Bonfire Studios is built on the belief that great games can create bonds of friendship among communities, and this starts with the people you will be working with. Driven by a powerful small team culture, you will often have to wear many hats and as such, creativity, curiosity and initiative are valued more than titles at Bonfire.