Senior Technical Artist
Do you have a passion for game art development, helping artists, and advancing art through technology? As part of a lean, focused, and experienced team working on a new IP, you’ll be able to shape your own role as well as evolve the foundation of our art pipeline. As a central influencer on the team, you will be the glue that helps tie it all together.
We are an excellence-driven studio and are looking for people with a real passion for their craft who will excel being supported by their peers. We hire and support lifelong learners; you will have the opportunity to research new techniques and advance our development processes.
About the role...
- Your main focus will be defining and streamlining art workflows in Maya and in Unity.
- You will help develop and maintain tooling in Maya, with a high degree of autonomy around the pipelines and processes from DCC to in-game.
- You will proactively identify ways to support and empower artists through tooling, and develop short and long term strategies in regards to scale and automation.
- You will be responsible for the productivity of artists and drive improvements to creating assets at scale.
- You’ll collaborate closely with tech art, art, and engineering to iterate on asset creation and management.
- You will help create Unity tools and technology that help artists realize their vision.
- You will be working with bleeding edge Unity technology, both as a user and to help guide future development.
- You will partner with our graphics engineers to help bring our art vision to life.
We're excited about you because you...
- Have 5+ years of experience as a technical artist for games.
- Are open, humble, service-oriented, and excited about learning and contributing in multiple areas of the studio. Your curiosity propels you to jump in and dive deep on new problems.
- Collaborate well with developers of all disciplines.
- Have experience with Maya, Python, and Qt.
- Have experience proactively developing and evolving pipelines and tools.
- May have Unity experience, but if not, you are excited to learn.
- May have experience with real-time rendering in terms of writing shaders and monitoring graphics performance.
- May have experience working on a live game and supporting live content pipelines.
- Believe, as we do, that iteration is critical to great games and tools make the difference.
- Believe, as we do, that great games are the product of great teams that put their people first.
- Thrive on collaboration and are excited about jumping into a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment.
- Want to have a large impact while collaborating with other talented developers in a tight knit AAA studio, rolling up your sleeves and using your passions and interests to shape your role at the company.
- Are passionate about creating great experiences for players, supporting the work of other developers through developing tools and problem solving, and collaborating across disciplines to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
You'll love working at Bonfire because we...
- Have strong values that include transparency, ownership, and trust. We are a people-first studio that also strives for a high bar of excellence in our creations.
- Celebrate craft expertise because we are a small, tight-knit group of highly experienced game developers who are as passionate about our team as we are our game.
- Offer opportunities to learn and contribute beyond your focused discipline in areas of interest or passion.
- Practice candor and feedback, leveling ourselves and each other up in the process.
- Play games and have fun together, kindling our own love for games and learning about each other.
The base salary range for this position is $155,400 - $249,867. The range doesn't tell the whole story - we are always open to candidates at different stages in their careers and consider candidates' potential impact holistically, not just their years of experience or skill level. There is also more to our total comp package than salary, we offer equity to every new hire as well as a comprehensive benefits package and more. We will be happy to share more about our compensation opportunities when we chat with you!