Bonfire is looking for someone to develop and drive our IT function and foundation across the board - systems, cloud, helpdesk, networks, and inventory. We’re looking for a strategic planner, a proactive tinkerer, someone who has an awesome track record of supporting a team and generally loves to get stuff done. We strive for excellence in all things, we want to have the best IT in the business.
We need someone to passionately own all parts of IT - someone who is entrepreneurial and self starting. This is your project - while we have lots of talented engineers that can help, no one is here to tell you what to do.
The startup atmosphere means you’re not doing one thing - you can flex into other areas. We built our office ourselves - and we all contribute to everything including A/V, decor, streaming, and tech. Are you interested in helping with the facilities? Do you have an interest in software tool development? Want to make our IT room glow with individually addressable pixels (or ahem...maybe that’s just what WE want to do)? Maybe you have skills we didn’t even know we needed! At a startup, there’s always more to do, and always places to grow.
- The Office - network, phone, video conferencing, security infrastructure, and as few onprem servers as we can get away with
- Desktop Administration - provide support for our team when they need technical help
- Equipment - our new hires build their own PCs (with your guidance) so you’ll need to make sure we always have enough parts on hand, and you’ll get to evolve our build specs as technology advances
- Cloud - You will own and manage all things cloud-related - G-Suite, GitHub, Slack, Zoom, and more. They all need to have users provisioned, access managed, and all the settings correct to keep things operating and cooperating smoothly
- 5+ years of hands on experience as an IT engineer/systems administrator
- Track record of proactively owning and improving IT operations and strategies
- Familiarity with our systems mentioned above, and a willingness to learn more about and evolve them in the future
A Little Something Extra...
- What’s your extra passion - scripting tools? Facilities support? Vendor relationships? What are some other areas of interest or expertise?
- Experience working in a game development environment and/or passion for supporting a creative process
While we are currently remote, for the future we are looking for someone to be close to our offices in general, or be around the Orange County, California location most of the time. We know times are crazy and unpredictable right now, so we are flexible and would love to work out the right solution for the right person.