Be the founding animator at a brand new studio. We need someone who can bring characters to life - and breathe life into legends.
We’re looking for a passionate, lifelong gamer who wants to be on the front lines of game development - a talented animator who is passionate about gameplay, story, drama, movement, weight, anticipation, follow-through, and overshoot.
Delivering a performance truthfully under an imaginary setting is no simple task, but to you, it’s a way of life. We are an excellence driven studio and are looking for people who always strive for better. Whether it’s attending conferences or keeping up with the latest techniques, we hire and support lifelong learners.
Bonfire is a non-hierarchical, self-directed environment, so it’s essential that you can be an excellent collaborator while also being able to take the lead and work independently. If you’re ready to leave the big, hierarchical companies while becoming a true owner in your own AAA studio, please reach out.
- The most important part of any application is your reel. We would love to see how you use keyframe animations, performance, cycles, dynamic poses, and combat to express emotion and tell a story
- We would love to see animations of human bipedal figures, as well as creatures of all sorts, with an emphasis on creative and expressive keyframe gameplay animation
- We are estimating that this person will have, at the very least, 5 years experience in game development or film, and you need to have shipped at least one AAA project
- Proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max
- An understanding of common game engine animation systems, with experience preparing and implementing game assets
- Deep understanding of next generation pipelines, tools, and workflow
- Experience planning and creating animation systems in game engines
- Proven ability to collaborate with game designers, concept artists, technical artists and programmers
- Willingness to complete an animation test, if asked
- An understanding of 2D animation, illustration, modeling, texturing, or rigging
- Motion capture
- MAXScript or MEL
- Concept art, lighting, or VFX
- Familiar with the fundamentals of storytelling and world building
- An ability to quickly learn new tools and pipelines
Be part of the foundation of Bonfire, and be part of of a close knit team that's focused on early stage multiplayer game development. You will have a huge impact on our first game, as you work with our small team of artists, designers, and engineers.