Senior Technical Artist - Rigging and Animation
Do you have a passion for character development and the art of motion, and a drive to advance art and animation through technology? As part of a lean, focused, and experienced team working on a new IP, you’ll be able to shape your own role as well as lay the foundation of our animation pipeline. The blank canvas is yours to develop - and as a central influencer on the team you will be the glue that ties it all together.
We are an excellence driven studio and are looking for people with a real passion for their craft. We hire and support lifelong learners; you will have the opportunity to research new techniques and advance our development processes.
Bonfire is a non-hierarchical, peer-supported, and self-directed environment, so it’s essential to be an excellent collaborator while also being able to take the lead and work independently. If you’re ready to become a true owner in your own AAA studio, please reach out.
- Your main focus is character rigging, deformation, and animation in both Maya and in Unity
- You’ll collaborate closely with game design and IP to iterate on character design
- We need you to proactively identify ways to support and empower animators through scripting and tooling, and develop short and long term strategies in regards to scale and automation
- You will have a high degree of autonomy to develop related pipelines and processes
- Ideally you have 5+ years of experience rigging for games
- Experience with Maya
- Comfortable creating tools in Python+Qt
- Experience proactively developing and evolving pipelines and tools
- You work collaboratively across disciplines to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
A little something extra
- Unity experience
- Experience working on a live game
- Passion for video games and the creative development process
More About Bonfire
- You can learn more about our team, our culture, and our benefits and perks on our website.
Be part of the foundation of Bonfire, and be part of a close knit team that's focused on early stage multiplayer game development. You will have a huge impact on our first game, as you work with our small team of artists, designers, and engineers.